Green Piece

The simple musings of a man who thought he knew everything . . .

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Harriet Miers: A Class Act

I never really felt good about the Miers nomination. My thoughts are that she was probably going to be a pretty good judge, but the only thing I was basing that on was the fact that, pretty much I do trust President Bush. That trust was not enought to make me feel comfortable about putting her on the Supreme Court.

Today Miers announced that she was withdrawing her nomination. This appears to be a selfless act. I believe that she is acting in the best interests 0f the nation. So, my hat is tipped to you Ms. Miers.

Now, let's get Janice Rogers Brown on the Supreme Court - is that too much to ask? I think not.

Check out K-Block and What Now for some good analysis as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home