Green Piece

The simple musings of a man who thought he knew everything . . .

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Reformatted Hard Drive

Well, my laptop was running terribly. Nothing was "snappy" and it became very frustrating to just try to get my email. I am sure that I had viruses, adware and spybots running rampant. So, I decided to reformat my laptop and start over. The process wasn't too bad and it really seemed to work. It's running just like new except that my DVD/CD drive is working funny. I'm going to try to download a new driver and see what happens.

Anyway, if you are wanting to try the same thing, I suggest the following:
1. Go to this site. It was very helpful to me.
2. Be sure to back up everything.
3. Create a file that has all of your e-mail settings, etc. and burn it to a disk.
4. Pray - once you format it, it's gone.

Now that my laptop is working better I hope to do some more posting.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger K said…

    Not that I really know about the stuff, but there are shareware programs that can help with the spyware.

    "Ad-Aware" and "Spybot" are the two that I use. They'll find the programs and delete them.

    Hope all is well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home