Green Piece

The simple musings of a man who thought he knew everything . . .

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Things You Need to See

Folks,
There were a few things that I wanted to post to.

First: You need to read this post from our friend K at K-Block. He explains the reason he became a conservative. Don't miss it and K, thanks for such a great post.

Second: All of you need to read Dave Ramsey's articles at Townhall. It will really pump you up to get your finances in order. His mantra is "live like no one else so that later you can live like no one else" meaning that you can live a less extravagant life now to have an amazing amount of freedom later. Also, I want to attest to his "snowball effect" in getting rid of debt, though I didn't know that is what it is called. When I got out of college I had 3 student loans. I paid the minimum on the two biggest, and paid as much extra on the third (smallest) as I could. Then, when the smallest was paid off I took all of the money I was paying on the first and put it to the second smallest, which was a considerable amount against the principle. Finally, when the second was paid off I socked all of the money from the first two loans to the third and it went away very quickly. It took me about 2 1/2 years to pay off $30,000 in student loans and I was not making a ton at the time. Debt free is the way to be!! One other thing he said that I liked was that he would copy what rich people do, because he wants to be rich people. I love it.

Third:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger K said…

    Thanks for the kind comment.

    I have a follow-up posted now as well.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home