Green Piece

The simple musings of a man who thought he knew everything . . .

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Global Warming Scare -- Give the Kids a Break!

One of the more frequently discussed topics here at Green Piece is the subject of Global Warming. Some might question why this topic would get me so riled up when there are so many other topics worthy of my time and effort. Well, there are many reasons that I think debunking the flimsy science that fictional movies like "The Day After Tomorrow" and "An Inconvenient Truth" are based on is a worthy endeavor, but I think that what motivates me on this subject is the fact that these eco-loony alarmists, in their desire for political and economic power, are ruining (at least in part) the childhoods of so many individuals.

Check out this article that shows how the Global Warming Gurus are frightening our kids. Kids are actually losing sleep because they believe the lies that are being thrown out by the Goracle and his eco-minions. Kids are worried that entire countries will be submerged when they should be worried about having fun! Thank you AlGore. And the most ridiculous thing is that the author completely misses the point and blames these kids worries on Global Warming - not on the irresponsible actions of the eco-loonies.

Back when I was in school we were told that there would be no Ozone by the time I was an adult and that there would be no place to put all of our trash. Now, I will admit that I was a little extreme in how I reacted, but I would lay awake at night, scared to death of what life was going to be like in 10 years (because that is the mantra). Because of all of the films and videos and literature that was shoved down my throat in school I literally believed that we would all be walking around in our hazmat outfits among the trash and living like the people in the Mad Max movies. For the love of all that is good and holy, I wouldn't play with silly string because it depleted the Ozone. I tell you this story because, for one, I like to use the term "back when I was in school" (and by the way get off my lawn), and to let you know why I hate the scare tactics of the left so much.

When was the last time any of you heard anything about the Ozone? Uhhh, where is all the trash? Well folks, the Ozone is fine, and the trash is well under control and the same thing will hold true with the artificial catastrophe known as Global Warming.

The only thing that keeps me up at night now are the dreaded words "President Gore".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home