Green Piece

The simple musings of a man who thought he knew everything . . .

Saturday, November 12, 2005

President Bush Comes Out Swinging

Finally, President Bush has responded to critics of the war. This speech was nothing short of a breath of fresh air for me. It is amazing that he has had the patience to sit back for this long. If you haven't heard what he said, you can watch the video here. I am proud of our President. I am sick of hearing his detractors lie about what happened while we were deciding whether or not to go to war with Iraq. And, I would like to say that I fully, 100% and completely support the war in Iraq. Knowing what I now know about weapons of mass destruction, I still think that we are safer because of the war in Iraq.

Of course you can always count on the libs to be whiners when reality is fed to them with a spoon. Here are some of the comments that were made by the libs.

Instead of providing open and honest answers about how we will achieve success in Iraq and allow our troops to begin to come home, the president reverted to
the same manipulation of facts to justify a war we never should have ought.

--Edward Kennedy D-Mass.

Senator Kennedy, this is a very interesting comment considering what you said in 2002. Let me help you remember

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction. --2002

and

There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be
tolerated. He must be disarmed --2002



Senator Kennedy's words are an example of someone talking tough to get elected. However, his tough talk will not help our troops whose morale he is killing with his dissention. Senator Kennedy, it is time for you to go away now.

Then there was our old friend Harry Reid.

The president may think this matter can be swept under the rug or pardoned away, but Democrats know America can do better


I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm not really going to comment on what he said because I think that it is funny enough on its own, but I did want to post it because he really is a funny little man.

I am disappointed with our good friend Rick Santorum's lack of support.

Certainly, mistakes were made
-- Rick Santorum


Brilliant Senator, just brilliant. Now sit back down in your armchair where you can continue with your quarterbacking.

Again, I want to say that I think this speech was awesome. It had to feel great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home